29 November 2014

This month I have been mostly…

Listening to:

I love my Scandinavian Melancholy playlist, and it's been getting listened to a lot this month! It includes the theme tunes of The Killing, The Bridge, the UK version of Wallander, Broadchurch (not Scandinavian but inspired by the Killing and the theme tune is by a Scandinavian), some tracks from Wallander, a cover track by Norwegian singer Ane Brun, and another track by her that was played a lot in the final series of Wallander. This is actually a cut-down version of the playlist I have on my phone, which has much more.

And, I've got hooked on Serial! For those of you who don't know, this is a podcast presented by an journalist looking into a murder that happened in 1999. It's really fascinating, and really seems to have become popular by word of mouth. I binge-listened to eight episodes in two days, and now I can't wait for Thursdays when each new episode is released! It's also given me an interest in listening to other podcasts (I find they are great when I'm doing my crafts, easier to follow than a TV programme would be when I'm doing something like that). So I'm trying out a few other podcasts too.

Selling:
Lots of my craft items at a little craft fair I organised at work!

Reading:
Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie (didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, though)
The Moomin books by Tove Jansson (which I love as much as ever!)
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (enjoying it a lot so far)

Wearing:
My collection of Nordic knitwear!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...