13 November 2014

Moomins!

Last month I started re-reading the Moomin books by Tove Jansson, and I'm loving them as much as ever!

My first encounter with these books was in about primary 4, when I read Finn Family Moomintroll for the first time. I think it was the first book I'd read that started with a map of the landscape it was set in, and I still regard that as a great thing in a book!
I've ordered vintage copies of the few books that I'm missing. I really want to have vintage ones from the time of my childhood, rather than the latest reprints. I read The Moomins and the Great Flood on kindle, though, as it was only available as a recently published hardback.
The Moomintroll toy you see here is one that I bought for myself in Glasgow on my 40th birthday. He's been making an appearance on my Instagram lately, have you seen him?

Why not have a look at this Moomin card I made too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...