04 October 2018

80s-style patterned paper

With all the 80s designs that are in fashion, I got thinking about what motifs were most popular in 80s patterns.
I think what got me started on this was the amazing fabric designs by Dreamland Clothing, especially their Duplex print which consists of triangles on a lilac, pink or yellow background.

I started having a look at 80s patterns, and here are some of the common themes I came across:
Triangles, often with a black line along one side
Other geometric shapes
Squiggles or zigzags
Black and white striped or patterned shapes
Dots or sprinkles

The patterns tend to combine three or more of these elements, often overlapping. The colours used include mint, pink, lilac, yellow, and more.

I gathered all my rubber stamps that fit in with these themes, cut a few more from erasers, and then started stamping!

Next week I'll show you something that I made from some of the stamped paper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...