05 August 2018

Surgeons' Hall Museum

I recently made my first visit to the Surgeons' Hall Museum in Edinburgh, and it was really fascinating! It's not somewhere for the squeamish, with its endless shelves filled with jars of body parts, and surgical instruments, but I really enjoyed my visit!
There's been a museum here since 1832, and parts of the building are practically unchanged since then. I particularly loved the balcony with shelves along each side. It looks like it goes on for miles!
Photography isn't allowed inside the museum (despite the fact that you'll see photos on Instagram!) so I took along my sketchbook. The only difficult thing was deciding which of the exhibits to draw! Some of the things I chose to draw were fibroids and a dental impression tray - both of which I've had experience of in recent years!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...