14 September 2015

Book review: The Mindfulness Colouring Book

I'd fancied getting a colouring book for ages, and the compact size of The Mindfulness Colouring Book by Emma Farrarons really appealed to me. I also loved the wave design shown on the cover, which reminded me of Chinese and Japanese art.
The size of the book means it is perfect for keeping in my desk drawer at work, so that I can use it to unwind at breaktimes and lunchtimes. However, I do find that I tend to get interrupted if I sit at my desk, so I've found a quiet spot I can escape to at lunchtimes if I want peace! Unfortunately there isn't space in my desk drawer for the huge box of coloured pencils shown here, either, I have to make do with a much smaller selection!
There's a good variety of designs in the book, abstract, floral, teacups, a cat, waves, and much more! I did start colouring them in in the sequence they appear in the book, but then I started to just flick through the book and choose the pattern that most appealed to me that day.
It's fun trying to choose the best colours for each design, and colouring the designs really is a good way of unwinding because you forget about everything else.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...