30 January 2015

This month I have been mostly...

Watching:
At the end of last month I watched Mapp & Lucia, The Royal Institution Christmas Lectures (of course), and The Story of Allegri's Miserere (for about the twentieth time!). This month I've watched The Inca: Masters of the Clouds, Spiral, Broadchurch, Silent Witness, The Big Allotment Challenge, and I binge-watched Gok Cooks Chinese which I'd recorded (and now I really want to go to the Chinese supermarket and stock up!). I enjoyed Brew Masters, about making the Peruvian beer chicha, especially as I think one of the places they visited was the very place I tasted chicha! I've also been watching the season about the Tudors...

Reading:
...because I started reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I'd had it on my kindle for a very long time, but I hadn't got round to reading it because I wasn't in the mood for a long or historical read until now, and my timing was perfect seeing as the dramatisation of it was coming on TV, something I hadn't realised when I started reading it. At first I didn't really take to the characters or the story, but the way that she wrote, the lyricalness of her language, kept me reading, and then I really got into it. It's been interesting reading the book and watching various dramas and factual programmes on the same subject on TV, and comparing the different portrayals of the same characters and events. It made me realise that the same events and people can be interpreted in lots of different ways.

Wearing:
I've got quite a few new and thrifted clothing items over the past few months, so I've been having fun wearing them. I love my strawberry jumper from White Stuff which matches perfectly with my cherry red M&S jeggings. And it makes a change from all the Scandinavian jumpers. I'll show off some of the thrifted items soon!


I'm still getting on fine with my braces, no discomfort, and I'm already seeing some progress. The small overlap on my front two teeth is gone, and the incisor beside them is much straighter! I will be back at the orthodontist for my first adjustment early next month.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...