25 January 2015

Knitted beanie

One of the things my parents got me for Christmas was a kit for knitting a beanie hat. I got straight to work on it over the Christmas holidays!

It was a very simple pattern, but my knitting skills are quite basic so it was a fun little challenge! I learned to cast on with the long tail method rather than my usual way, to do ribbing, moss stitch, increase stitches, and decrease stitches. Although I could knit and purl already, I needed to learn how to do so on alternate stitches for the ribbing and moss stitch. For these techniques, I looked at tutorials online.
I love how the hat turned out, and I was really pleased with myself for managing to follow the pattern and pick up new skills. Now I will have the confidence to try some more knitting patterns!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...