27 January 2015

I love... Marsala!

Pantone's colour of the year for 2015 had a bit of criticism when it was first announced, but I've taken a liking to it! I think it works as a great neutral in my wardrobe and I can see many examples of it in my home too!

Just before I'd seen what the colour of 2015 was going to be, I had ordered a jumper with a strawberry on it from White Stuff, and a pair of jeggings from M&S. The jeggings and the strawberry are close to marsala in colour. I'd also bought a top from H&M that's almost exactly marsala, and in the sales I got another pair of M&S jeggings (seeing as I wore the other ones all the time for the few weeks after I got them!) which are also almost exactly marsala. I got a necklace for £3 in the New Look sale which has marsala along with royal blue and turquoise. And I love my wine coloured tights that I got from Primark a year or two ago, and my Essie nail polish.

Here is a little display in my home that was inspired by marsala:




It's a really versatile colour, that matches well with lots of other colours. Here are some of the colour pairings that Pantone suggests. It goes well with greys, pale yellows, mustards, royal blue, mint, turquoise, orange, peach, pink, and greyish blues. I've seen it paired with duck-egg blue a lot, so my new Cambridge Satchel will work brilliantly with marsala! Here are some clothing items I have that match well with marsala, including my skirt and top made from a vintage dress, 



I'm interested to see if marsala will make its way into any of my craft projects this year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...