09 November 2014

Dala horse stamps

To finish off my week of Dala horses, here are some cute carved stamps that I made!

1. I drew a horse shape, cut it out and traced round it, then used this to make two symmetrical horses, taking inspiration for the details from one of my wooden Dala horses.

2. I cut these horse shapes out, and placed them on a stamp carving block, rubbing on the back to transfer the pencil lines. I made them into a double-sided stamp with a horse on each side.
3. I used wood carving tools to carve out the horse shapes and the details within them.

4. I used a craft knife to cut away some of the excess areas around the edges.

I think these will be useful for all sorts of crafts - cards, gift tags, and much more!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...