03 February 2020

May Morris exhibition

Last month I went to see the May Morris exhibition at Dovecot Studios in Edinburgh. May Morris was the daughter of William Morris, and was responsible for creating many of his company's iconic designs. It was fascinating to see her work, including initial sketches and finished items.
Of course, I wore an appropriately floral outfit, with my Rosa Pietsch earrings which got a lot of lovely comments during the day!
I sketched some of my favourite items in my Moleskine, and coloured it in with appropriate colours when I got home. In the Dovecot shop I bought a keyring and luggage tag in a Morris design, and a postcard of May Morris. 


I also bought soap and a shampoo bar that day from The Edinburgh Natutal Skincare Co, and I thought that the bags they came in matched well with May Morris's designs!

1 comment:

jujupage1 said...

Never heard of May Morris before but her artwork looks amazing. Must have been an interesting and wonderful exhibition! 💜😊

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...