08 July 2019

Cowden Japanese garden with Marceline and family

I recently visited one of my favourite places, the Japanese garden at Cowden, and met up with Marceline and her family. I've known Marceline Smith of Asking for Trouble for some years after first coming across her through her zines about Japan. And I've also got to know her sister Nicolette on Instagram, after we both took part in a postcard exchange that Marceline organised.
Marceline and Nicolette were on holiday in Fife with their dad and his partner, and I'd put together some Fife travel tips for them (eventually those will become a blog post as Marceline suggested!). I really enjoyed following their travels on Instagram and seeing them enjoying some of the things I'd suggested (especially the Fisher & Donaldson cakes!). On their last day they were going to visit Cowden, so I quickly dashed back from the Orla Kiely talk in Edinburgh to join them!
I seem to have mostly got photos of the back of people's heads, for which I must apologise! We were all having so much fun exploring the garden that I didn't want to disturb anyone by asking them to pose for a photo, and I always prefer candid photos anyway.
We had a good look round the garden, then, after I was treated to lunch (thank you again!), we headed out again and luckily the sun came out! It was lovely having their company when exploring the garden.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...