11 April 2019

Robots exhibition

On my birthday, as well as the Orla Kiely exhibition I went to the Robots exhibition at the museum. I did find it really interesting, but it was a bit of an assault on the senses with so many loud sound effects, videos, lighting effects etc. all going at the same time. I think I'd have stayed a lot longer if it had been a more pleasurable atmosphere to hang around in.
I did, however, stay long enough to do a drawing of some of my favourite robots on display, and to take a few photos as well. I was really excited to see a copy of Rossum's Universal Robots by Karel Čapek, the book that introduced the word "robot" to the English language. And I loved the tin toy robots too.

1 comment:

jujupage1 said...

Sounds like an interesting exhibition. Where did it take place?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...