18 April 2019

Factual books by women

I've been reading a lot of factual books by women this year, so here are some recommendations! I found all of these books really interesting, and I hope you will be inspired to read some of them.

Data/Maths:
Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
Hello World by Hannah Fry
Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O'Neil

Nature:
The Wild Remedy by Emma Mitchell
The Almanac by Lia Leendertz
Gossip from the Forest - Sara Maitland

Language:
The Prodigal Tongue by Lynne Murphy

Art/Craft/Creativity:
Joyful by Ingrid Fetell Lee
The Secret Lives of Colour by Kassia St Clair
Conscious Creativity by Philippa Stanton
Making Winter by Emma Mitchell

Fashion:
The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees

I hadn't really set out to read specifically factual books by women this year, but now that I've noticed this pattern in my reading I'm actively seeking them out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...