21 April 2019

East Asia Gallery

I was really excited about the reopening of the East Asia Gallery at the National Museum of Scotland. The Ivy Wu Gallery was my favourite spot in the museum, a peaceful place to sit and draw and enjoy all the interesting displays.
I was a little disappointed with the reopened gallery. It's now much more open, so that ambient noise from the other areas of the museum intrudes, there are lots of displays that have sound (I'm sure I counted at least 5 going at the one time from one spot I was standing in!), there aren't as many places to sit down, and there didn't seem to be as many inro and netsuke on display.
It was, however, good to see so many lovely items back on display. I'll just have to find another spot in the museum for quiet contemplation!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...