20 November 2018

Recently thrifted

In October I had a chance to explore some of the charity shops of Cheltenham, and here are my finds! I was ecstatic to find the two little pottery dishes with lids showing countryside scenes, because these are from the same range as one that I bought about 20 years ago when I visited Olney while on holiday near Milton Keynes! They're by a couple called Jane and Peter McCormick and they are inspired by Art Deco.

The book. A Victorian Flower Album, was a lovely find, in the same vein as The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady which is one of my all-time favourites.

The Japanese castles playing cards are from my "favourite" charity shop in Cheltenham (I'd been in it once before and it stuck in my mind because I got Japanese geta sandals there), which was sadly having its closing down sale.
 


6 comments:

Terry said...

No complaints on this end, simply a good piece you made

Cano said...

I very much like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing.

Flowers said...

Hi! I am very happy, that I visited this website. It is alot of interesting stuff here.

Carlson said...

We absolutely love your blog, awesome website you have in here

Freyja said...

Respect to website author, some good information. magnificent

York said...

Thank you for sharing with us, I believe this website really stands out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...