23 November 2018

I love... the 70s!

I recently finished this tub of Mod Podge, and was about to throw it out until I realised it had an amazing 70s-style font on it that looked interesting alongside some other items I had lying about. The Curly Wurly badge was a find from the Christian Aid book sale in Edinburgh in May, as was the jewellery supplies catalogue which just happens to be from the year I was born!
Inside the catalogue the fabulous fonts continue!
Another wonderful 70s font is from my one remaining copy of Twinkle which I used to get every week when I was a little girl. This was found under the cushions of our very 70s settee when my parents were getting a new one!
This stencil was much used by my mum in the 70s and 80s to decorate the inserts for cassette tape cases, so it's a source of a lot of nostalgia for me. I recently bought this washi tape from Nikki McWilliams, and these earrings from Julia de Klerk, because they reminded me of this stencil in style and colour, and Julia let me know that some of her jewellery designs are actually inspired by 70s floral fabric patterns!
   



7 comments:

jujupage1 said...

I never really noticed but I guess that mod podge font does have a 70s style to it. I love the 70s style. So retro! :)

Stout said...

What an awesome way to explain this-now I know everything!

Moon said...

It's really great that people are sharing this information. more plss

Ariya said...

This is really a very useful information in my life, keep blogging like this way

Paul said...

Hello. magnificent job. I did not expect this. This is a fantastic story.

Vance said...

Very interesting points you have mentioned, thanks for putting up

Burch said...

Really good visual appeal on this internet site, I’d rate it 10 over 10.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...