06 September 2018

Liberty exhibition

I didn't have this exhibition at Dovecot Studios on my to-do list until I saw some lovely photos on Instagram and decided I had to go along and have a look. I found the patterns of the fabrics gorgeous, and also loved the shapes of the dresses on display. It was really nostalgic to see dresses with floral designs and smocking that reminded me of summer dresses that I wore when I was little.
I arrived before opening time, so I had time beforehand to have a coffee in the cafe, and afterwards I went upstairs to have a look at an exhibition about the history of the building which used to be a swimming pool.
My favourite dress on display in the Liberty exhibition was one that had a pretty floral design but really bold brown stitching around the edges of the collar and other areas. It had the look of a cartoon version of a Liberty dress, which gave it a really modern look!
I also loved the styling of the exhibition with the macrame plant hangers and the doilies that were hung on the wall.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...