20 August 2018

Buying postcards


Since I've started collecting postcards again, I've been looking at where I can buy them. It's a lot more difficult to find a good variety of new postcards. When I was young there would be postcards in most newsagents and post offices, and there was a lot of choice. Here are some of the places I've found that you can still buy postcards.

New:
Tourist attractions e.g. National Trust properties
Art galleries
Museums
Tourist information offices (the selection can be quite limited and generic, though)
Good bookshops
Quirky little gift shops
Directly from artists, whether at craft fairs or online

Secondhand:
Charity shops (Oxfam bookshops in particular tend to have a box full)
Antique or vintage shops
Flea markets
Ebay
Etsy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...