30 January 2018

This month I have been mostly...


Watching:
I've been loving the French series Spiral, which is one of my favourite subtitled dramas. I've watched a couple of book adaptations, Little Women and The Miniaturist, both of which had some good points but were also disappointing in some ways. I've been watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, which I enjoyed at first but it seemed to drag on a bit. I finished watching Armchair Detectives, and was quite pleased with myself for guessing a good few of the murderers! And I've been continuing watching Knight Rider but getting a bit frustrated when they sometimes have a random episode from later on, they don't show the second part of a two-parter, or they have the wrong episode title in the description.

Doing:
I've been continuing my crochet blanket and have now reached the stage where the squares are all joined vertically but I need to join the horizontal lines now, and finish off all the loose threads. Then I need to decide whether it's big enough or if I need to make some more squares! Two of my colleagues and I have started a lunchtime bullet journal club. And I've been seeking out some fun selfie spots in my local area.

Reading:
I finally finished The Power by Naomi Alderman which I'd been reading for a few months. I really liked the concept, enjoyed the beginning and end, but found it a bit long-winded in the middle. And I've been continuing my Chalet School re-read, and reading some more by local authors Val McDermid and Jenny Colgan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...