19 March 2015

Bedroom before

I thought I'd share with you some photos of how my bedroom looked before I started decorating it, in preparation for the big reveal of how it looks after its makeover!

When I moved into my house, the ceiling was pale blue, the top part of the walls a golden colour, the dado rail dark wood, the bottom half of the walls a dark blue striped wallpaper, and the carpet navy blue. Slowly I lightened up each of these elements, starting by adding a cream carpet, then painting the top half of the room cream and the bottom mint.
I was really happy with how it turned out, but after many years the time has come for a change. I've been looking at lots of photos of white bedrooms, and that's what I've spent the last month or so transforming my bedroom into. I feel that having the same colour over the whole height of the walls and the dado rail will make the room look less cluttered, too.

I was fairly happy with the layout of the room, so I haven't changed much as far as that is concerned, and I'm keeping the same furniture, but I've lightened and brightened it with lots of white paint. I'll be revealing how my redecorated bedroom looks very soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...