02 February 2015

Cold remedies - Turmeric tea

I may be tempting fate by saying this, but I haven't had the cold since September! But that hasn't stopped me cooking up and photographing some of my favourite cold remedies, and I'll be sharing the recipes for some of them this week.

Today I'm starting with a simple recipe for turmeric tea. You can only drink so many Lemsips in a day because they contain Paracetamol, and it can be a bit boring anyway to always be drinking the same thing, so it's good to have some other ideas for hot drinks to soothe a sore throat and unblock your nose.
Turmeric tea is very simple indeed to make. All you need to do is heat up some milk in a saucepan and add some turmeric. About half a teaspoon is a good amount to start with, but the more the better in terms of its germ-killing qualities! If you like you can also add other spices such as nutmeg, saffron or ginger, and stir in some honey for sweetness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...