30 October 2014

This month I have been mostly...

Listening to:

Love, love, love this new album by Yann Tiersen, especially the final track, Meteorites, which has vocals by Aidan Moffat and reminds me of another song he did vocals for (Car Song by R M Hubbert). I listen to the Amelie soundtrack by Yann Tiersen all the time, but this couldn't be more different. It's really eclectic, with vocals in a number of different languages including Icelandic and Faroese. I'm also starting to listen to some of his other albums.

I also loved this video:

Ödland - Après avoir décroché les étoiles.

Reading:
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie was amazingly inventive, the most unusual science fiction I've read in years! It raised so many interesting ideas about gender, identity, religion and much more. I've already started reading Ancillary Sword, the second one in the series.

Watching:
Australian conspiracy drama The Code. I wasn't sure if I would like it as much as my usual Scandi Noir Saturday night viewing, but it was excellent, and had elements of lots of the Scandi Noir dramas like The Killing, The Bridge, Mammon, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I found the characters really compelling, especially Jesse - a great portrayal of someone with Asperger's Syndrome.

Eating:
I got some home-grown potatoes and apples from my parents, so I made a potato and apple bake, with some onion, pancetta and rosemary. I also made cauliflower rice for the first time, and had it with balti chicken pieces and a squeeze of lemon juice and some salad - delicious! And my couscous salad was a hit at a staff lunchtime get-together.

Oh, and I cut my hair! I really loved it long, but the split ends were causing it to get horribly tangled. So I chopped three or four inches off, and I think I like it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...