05 October 2014

Nazca monkey stamp

One of the amazing things I did in Peru was to take a flight over the Nazca lines, a series of ancient geoglyphs in the Nazca desert, many of which are of animals - one of them being a monkey. The symbols are quite stylized, and the monkey has a fantastic spiral tail. The spiral is actually an important symbol in Peruvian culture, which symbolises Pachamama (Mother Earth). I'm sure the spiral is a symbol I'll return to later in the month!

I thought it would be fun to make eraser stamps based on the Nazca lines, but I've only done the monkey so far! I drew the shape of the monkey, simplifying it slightly, transferred it to an eraser, and carved it out.

I think it makes a cute card - maybe I'll give this one to my nephew!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...