08 September 2014

Printer's trays

When I bought these pictures from the £1 shop many years ago, I did have every intention of putting them on the wall, but I didn’t ever find the right place for them. But rather than letting them go to waste, I came up with this as a way of using them!
I also needed a place to store some of my rubber stamps, as the plastic drawers they’d been in had perished.

Here’s how I created my printer’s trays!

1. First I removed the fixings from the back of the frames, and gave them a few coats of white paint.

2. I had rescued some lovely brass label holders from a piece of furniture that was being thrown out at work. They were too tall as they were, so I used a jewellery saw to remove the bottom screw fixing, and attached them to the edge of the trays.
3. I used some sandpaper to give a vintage look to the edges of the trays.

Now I have some unique trays that are just the right size for holding some of my rubber stamps! The top tray holds my alphabet stamps, and in the bottom tray are many of the carved eraser stamps I've made!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...