10 June 2014

Book Review: Retro Home

It's strange how some books grab you more than others. I'd recently bought another book on retro decor that I'd found a bit disappointing, but I knew from the moment I opened this book, Retro Home by Katherine Sorrell, that it would be a very different experience. I don't know if it's because of the photography or the layout of the book, but this book is exactly what I hoped it would be.

I feel so inspired by all the interiors in this book. They all feel like places I'd enjoy being in, and most of them have elements that seem like they would be achievable in my own home.

The fact that real homes are featured in the book also makes the looks seem more accessible, as does the fact that the homes are in various places, from here in Scotland to the south of England, to Berlin and Belgium, which makes it seem like they could be achieved by anyone no matter where they are.

This is a book that I love leaving out on my retro coffee table!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...