12 October 2008

Chocolat

I was having a look back through my current Moleskine sketchbook, and came across this picture that I drew more than a year ago, and realised that I hadn't posted it here. I'm not sure why - perhaps it didn't turn out quite like I'd imagined, but looking at it now I quite like it.

When I drew the picture I was re-reading Chocolat by Joanne Harris before starting The Lollipop Shoes, and I decided to draw all the kinds of chocolates mentioned as being in the chocolate shop. I was revisiting old territory, because I'd already taken inspiration from the same passages in the book to make the roombox below and all the polymer clay goodies to go inside it.

1 comment:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

EMMA! You've never shared these before. Why? Oh gosh, I absolutely love the 'room box' (have I got that right?). It's absolutey fabulous. Are the goodies made with Fimo? I love that stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...