15 October 2008

Bento bag

I've been doing a bit of sewing recently, and this is one of the things that I have made. I'm not good enough at sewing to make anything complicated, but this little drawstring bag for my bento box was really easy to make. I had fallen in love with some really cute ones on JBox but decided that there was no reason I couldn't make my own.

The fabric is part of a pair of cotton curtains I bought years ago at a charity shop in Helensburgh, knowing I would be able to make use of the fabric which was in two layers: one red with hearts, and the other beige with a floral pattern. I think I originally intended to use the fabric to make furnishings for dollshouses, but it has served many purposes, including the pencil roll I made earlier this year. The toggles were from Mum's button jar, and the Totoro charm was given to me by my friend Miki.

1 comment:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, it's so gorgeus, Emma. Love the toggle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...