28 February 2020

This month I have been mostly...


Reading:
I finished re-reading the Rei Shimura series by Sujata Massey and felt a bit bereft when it was over, so I immediately began searching for some other series that have similarities in Asian location or theme to keep me going. After a lot of searching online I came across the Mas Arai books by Naomi Hirahara, a couple of series by Ovidia Yu, Diane Wei Liang’s Mei Wang books, and the Perveen Mistry books by Sujata Massey, so I’ve been spending a lot of time on abebooks tracking some of these down! I've also been reading some books by Zoe Marriott, and How to Break Up with Fast Fashion by Lauren Bravo.

Watching:
I had MTV free for a bit, so I spent a lot of time watching a whole load of episodes of Catfish that I hadn't seen! I've been really enjoying Great Asian Railway Journeys, seeing places I've been and others I want to visit. By chance I came across The Beauty of Anatomy just as the series was almost finished. I found it fascinating hearing about the Hunter brothers, one of whom the Hunterian in Glasgow is named after. The series was presented by Dr Adam Rutherford, and, having only ever seen a thumbnail photo of him from one of my favourite podcasts, The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry, I'd somehow built up a mental picture of him that looked quite different to the real person (spoiler - he doesn't wear a comedy moustache in real life!).

Doing: 
At the start of the month I had a bit of an accident with the curtain pole on the front of my wardrobe, pulling it down and hitting one of my front teeth. Luckily it wasn't knocked out, and any cracks caused are just superficial. It was very uncomfortable for a number of days, though!

I went to a sustainable styling workshop at the start of the month, and got lots of good ideas for styling items in my wardrobe. I've been doing some pages in my bullet journal about the workshop and the books I want to read.

My brother and his family visited, and I got involved in various craft projects for/with them, including making this Wonka Bar for my older nephew to take as a World Book Day prop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...