30 January 2020

This month I have been mostly...


Reading: 
I’ve got really back into reading this month! I’ve been continuing my reread of the Rei Shimura series by Sujata Massey. I'm working my way towards the final one which I’ve not read before. I loved Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriott, and raced through it in a day, and I’m looking forward to reading more of her books. I decided to read some short books this month, including a couple that were works in translation: Convenience Store Woman by Sakaya Murata and Lullaby by Leila Slimani, and a lovely children's book The Wild Robot by Peter Brown.


Watching: 
My favourite thing to watch this month has been The Mallorca Files. Mum had recommended it a while ago, but I couldn’t be bothered watching it on iPlayer which can be a bit of a pain, so I was glad it was repeated so that I could record it. I’ve been enjoying Wisting on BBC4, and I’ve been watching You on Netflix. I’ve also been watching a bit more of the Miss Fisher Mysteries, as well as Special Victims Unit and Secret Scotland. But I’ve been watching a lot less TV in general so I can spend more time reading and drawing. 


Doing: 
I went to the May Morris exhibition at Dovecot, and I’ve been doing some digital drawings for Fun a Day Dundee. Oh, and I bought a new car!


Eating: 
I’ve not eaten completely vegan for Veganuary, but I have been shopping vegan and only eating other things to use them up. I am absolutely loving the veggie breakfast pack by Simon Howie, containing veggie link and square sausages, and veggie black pudding, which you can get in Morrisons – it tastes just like the real things, and has been great comfort food during this cold month! I'm also really loving Tideford Organics chickpea and kale rogan josh. I've also been making hummus from edamame beans, white chilli, and various recipes from Jack Monroe's new book Veganish.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...