15 August 2019

100 day project: days 81-100

Wow, I can't believe we've made it to the end of the project! It's been so much fun and I've learned loads, and it's been such a supportive community with all those participating! What better way to finish than with a self-portrait, recreating my profile pic which is by @lizharrydesign , taken on the Glasgow @incolourfulcompanywalk last year. I'm actually already making use of this illustration as the lock screen for my phone and my profile pic on some sites! I also went right back to the beginning of the project and did another drawing based on the cover of the book Where'd You Go, Bernadette.
Some of my favourite drawings are in this batch, including the two I mentioned above, the umbrella drawing featuring @bluebellebombshell from the Edinburgh colour walk, Blair Imani's amazing cosplay, and my drawing of the wonderful Nadiya Hussain (which is featured on the grid of @wordsweekend just now, advertising the fact that she will be speaking at their festival).
One of the things I have loved so much about this project is that my Instagram friends have been sending me pictures of magazine illustrations, posters, and t-shirts, that remind them of "my style" (someone sent me one as I was writing this blog post!). I've never had a style before, and I'm liking that I do now!
Next I have to get started on preparing my work for the exhibition - getting things printed and working out how I want to hang them. But there will definitely be some more colourful digital drawings from me in the future - in fact, I've had an idea for a new project that I'm quite excited about, which will build on one of the drawings in this post!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...