29 November 2018

This month I have been mostly...

Watching:
I got Netflix so I have been doing a bit of binge-watching. Strangely everything I watched was on a bit of a creepy theme even though I don't usually like that sort of thing! First I watched The Haunting of Hill House which I was worried I'd find too scary, but I didn't mind it and found myself compelled to keep watching. The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell was just the most amazing, quirky thing that I've seen in a long time, and I hope they make more. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was brilliant, and, having gone back and watched an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, I think I like the new one better.

I watched Making a Murderer and The Staircase. Sadly I found them both a bit boring, which was a shame as I'd been fascinated by the first series of Making a Murderer, and the podcast about the same case as The Staircase. On terrestrial TV I watched Louis Theroux's Altered States, which was great as his programmes always are.

I haven't really got into Wes Anderson's films before, having only caught The Royal Tenenbaums from halfway through, and having twice nodded off within minutes of the start of Moonrise Kingdom on long flights. I absolutely loved The Grand Budapest Hotel, though, and now I want to watch all his films! It was stunningly beautiful, and I liked the characters and storyline.

Reading:
I'm slowly reading, but really enjoying, Outskirts by John Grindrod. I really like how he worked his family's story into the story of the green belts. And, bizarrely, just as I started reading it I visited my family in Cheltenham and realised that they actually live right on the edge of the green belt! I started My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante, and I'm really enjoying it. I was worried that I'd find it a bit boring, because I think it's going to be more based around characters than plot, but I'm just finding the writing really clear and easy to read so it doesn't seem like a chore. I absolutely loved the Thanks, Random Man, Your Opinion is Noted zine by Hand Over Your Fairy Cakes. It made me aaaarrrrggghhh and laugh in equal measure.

Doing:
I have continued doing the Couch to 5k, and am now starting week 7! And I visited an exhibition of tiny boats that I contributed to (more about that soon).

Eating:
I finally learned how to make tofu nice and crispy - I press it in the tofu press then coat it with cornflour, salt and pepper, and shallow fry. Really easy and so good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...