14 October 2018

Sunday self-portraits: Me in the 80s

When I started thinking about 80s style, I thought about some of the outfits I used to have in the 80s, and here are some of them! 

I loved the black and white patterned shirt I got for a birthday, and wore it with a pair of pink plastic earrings that I got from my auntie and uncle along with a pink t-shirt and socks, and a pair of black ski pants (took me ages on Google to find what we used to call these legging type trousers with elastic stirrups!). I also had a long string of pink beads, and a thin black belt.


The shirt stuck with me through bowl cuts and poodle perms!
I loved putting Sun-In in my hair, and this photo of me with lightened hair is a favourite. I think I look really stylish sitting my a waterfall in my floaty skirt and baggy denim jacket! 
For another birthday I got a mint and white striped shirt, with matching mint leggings, t-shirt, and skirt, all from M&S. I ruined the skirt when eating cherries that summer, and have only just started eating cherries again after that bad experience!


Crop tops were starting to come in - just the thing to try to impress my holiday crush (didn't work!).


Moving forward into the 1990s, some of the same styles continued, and I think this amazing jumper I wore for my class graduation photo in 1994 was from M&S or one of the other big stores on Princes Street in Edinburgh - I remember first spotting it in the window of one of these shops when I was on a bus! I obviously already had the idea of wearing a bright outfit in group photos so I would stand out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...