30 July 2018

This month I have been mostly...


Reading:
I finished reading the manga series With the Light by Keiko Tobe, and I read Poverty Safari by Darren McGarvey which was really thought-provoking.

Watching:
I was glued to the news watching the coverage of the rescue of the boys from the cave in Thailand. It was so moving to see that they’d all been rescued. I'm really enjoying the series Rip it Up about Scottish pop music. Picnic at Hanging Rock has been weird but compelling.

Eating:
I saw a photo online of the Peruvian dish Lomo Soltado (a beef stir-fry served with rice and chips), and since then I’ve been making my own version all the time. I also got a tofu press recently so I’ve been trying out all sorts of marinades to go with my squeezed tofu.

Listening:
I’ve been enjoying My Teenage Diary on Radio 4, and also been listening to The Home Babies (caught it by chance on the radio but found it easier to keep up with it via the podcast).

Doing:
The good weather meant I could get out and do lots of things. One day I went to the Bowhouse food market, Kingsbarns beach (with lunch at the Cheesy Toast Shack), then to St Andrews where I had ice cream from Luvians (the kiwi sorbet was particularly good). Another day I went to Dundee to see the Bash Street exhibition, the Howff cemetery, and some of the decorated penguins that are all around Dundee. I went to Surgeon's Hall Museum in Edinburgh. And all that before I even started my holidays! I've also got hugely back into collecting postcards, so I've been scouring charity shops and antique shops and ebay for them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...