03 July 2018

Lost Glenrothes

After the recent Glenrothes architecture walk, I got to thinking about all the buildings around Glenrothes that have been demolished in recent years. Auchmuty High School, where I went to high school, and the Fife Institute, where I did swimming and gymnastics and hung around while my brother had swimming lessons, have a lot of memories associated with them.

And there were other buildings that were landmarks around town, most of which I took photos of when they were being demolished.

I was speaking recently to a colleague who was running a competition in the school for pupils to create something based on the town's history, and he said that one of the pupils had chosen something similar for his project, which was about the sporting facilities that had been lost in the town, like the ice rink and golf range.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...