29 June 2018

This month I have been mostly...

It’s been a busy month with lots of things going on. I was mentioned in a speech at the Scottish Parliament by Linda Ballingall of the Glenrothes Heritage Centre, for the work I’ve done on the history of Glenrothes, and on the same day my blog was given as a reference for those attending a talk about Charles Rennie Mackintosh at a library in Kansas City, Missouri!
I watched that whole talk about Mackintosh online, and I also enjoyed watching a tv documentary about him. And the Scotland From the Sky programme was fascinating, especially the episode that had Glenrothes on it. I paused it on the aerial views to work out where all the landmarks were, and was really excited when the presenter drove past my old primary school!
It was only a week or two after I watched the tv documentary and online talk about Mackintosh that another terrible fire caused devastation at the Glasgow School of Art, one of my favourite buildings in the whole world. I felt pretty miserable about this. I then reread all the books I have about Charles Rennie Mackintosh, looked back at all the Mackintosh related art I’ve done, and took a trip to Glasgow to see the Mackintosh exhibition at Kelvingrove. I also went to see what I could of the building itself although there were still road closures in place.
There was an old-fashioned jumble sale held by the charity shop that I’m on the board of trustees for, to celebrate the 70th birthday of Glenrothes. I dressed up in 1940s style for this.
I bought some reading material at the Glenrothes Comic Con. I really loved Dungeon Fun by Colin Bell and Neil Slorance. It had some moments that really made me laugh out loud, and a total “doh!” moment halfway through when it occurred to me that the main characters’ names were Fun and Games!
I’ve been loving watching The Bridge and (a very short series of) Inspector Montalbano.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...