16 February 2017

10 years of emuse: My 10 favourite posts

Since my blog is turning the grand old age of 10 this month, I wanted to share with you my 10 absolute favourite posts from the past 10 years, and here they are! They also happen to be some of my favourite craft projects, and they are mostly posts where I'm particularly pleased with how the photographs of the craft items have come out.

This is an end-of-month roundup from July 2015 of all 10 of the Clangers themed items I made from polymer clay, inspired by the new series of one of my favourite childhood TV shows! These projects led to me being contacted by the licencing company that owns the Clangers brand - I was so worried when I saw those words that this was going to be a "cease and desist" letter, but in fact they wanted to send me some of the toys to review!

I love Tunnocks teacakes, so I made some brooches based on them for one of the craft fairs I did at work. I really enjoyed making the brooches and the display for them. I have been meaning to make some other Tunnocks themed brooches, but haven't got round to that yet.

One of my favourite themed months on the blog was my Charles Rennie Mackintosh month in July 2014. I love the simple graphic look of these stamps and the design that came from them, and I used it for a phone case and some framed prints in my bedroom.

It's so hard to choose which of the projects to share from my Peru month in October 2014. It was another of my favourite themed months, and the projects were so varied and colourful.

Quite a recent project this one. It was designed to remind my of my visit to the Cinque Terre in Italy, and it's one of those craft projects that brings a smile to my face on a daily basis.

Another stamping project from my Charles Rennie Mackintosh themed month, but it is something that can be adapted to any theme.

I love this project in itself and for the self-portrait here that came from it! I still have those very letters on the brooch cushion because I love how they look there.

Two posts for the price of one here! I had so much fun doing a couple of craft fairs at work that I decided to share some of my hints and tips.

  9. Mosaic dish
If I had to choose one of my Peru-inspired projects it would be this one, because this little dish tends to be out on display most of the time and it makes me smile every time I look at it. The mosaic pieces are just so shiny and lovely. In fact, I like it so much that I made a box to match!

This was such a fun little project, and I love how it gives that retro macrame look without taking up too much space. I've still got this little plant pot hanging on the wall, although it's needing a new plant in it at the moment - perhaps I'll get an air plant for it this time!

I hope that you've enjoyed seeing the things I love most on my blog, and that you'll explore them and more of the projects I have here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...