Here's the card I made for the arrival of my new nephew, and it's a design that would be suitable for either a boy or a girl.
1. Choose a selection of papers
2. Draw some elephant shapes in different sizes (you can vary the number of elephants in the family to match the family members of the family you are sending it to). I made the shape by cutting a rectangle, rounding off the corners, then cutting curves to form the legs and trunk.
3. Cut the shapes from the patterned papers.
4. Make sure they will fit on the card.
5. Glue in place.
6. Cut rectangles and write the letters BABY on them. Cut around the letters and glue them to the card.