27 December 2015

Gift-giving

I actually quite enjoyed the process of Christmas shopping this year! I started off by buying a couple of things for my nephew in Italy, did a little bit of online shopping, then on a trip to Edinburgh popped in to a couple of shops I love and happened to find some things that I thought would make good presents.
I thought the Charles Rennie Mackintosh wrapping paper I'd got a few months ago in Glasgow was reminiscent of Christmas trees, so I decided to use this to wrap the presents, even though the colours were a bit unconventional! I emphasised the Christmas tree theme by making simple Christmas tree gift tags from white card.

I'd got my nephew a book with mix-and-match animals from Italy, and I just happened to see a set of slot-together animals that were illustrated in a similar style, and a book that I bought him online also had illustrations that went quite well.

I thought the guinea pig Pride & Prejudice book I got for my sister-in-law was so hilariously cute that I ended up ordering another copy as a secret Santa gift for someone else!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...