19 August 2015

Summer Postcard Club

When Marceline announced she was organising a summer postcard club, I was really excited to take part, because I love sending and receiving (and collecting) postcards. I then promptly forgot all about it, until she put a final announcement on Twitter, so I ended up joining at the last possible moment!

When I received the email with the interests of those I would be sending postcards to, I had a quick look through my postcard collection for anything appropriate, but then decided it would be much more fun to design my own personalised postcards! And besides, I couldn't bear to part with any of my collection!

I sketched some rough ideas, then made all five postcard collages in one afternoon! To make things a bit easier on myself, I decided to use some black and white printouts of photographs in the collages. The photographs of the cats and alpaca I used were my own photographs, but unfortunately I didn't have any photographs I'd taken of Tudors or space, so I had to use some I found online (I'm guessing the Tudor ones will be out of copyright anyway!)
After making the collages, I scanned them in and sent them off to Moo, and it didn't take long for them to arrive. I also decided to buy my stamps online, because my local post office didn't have anything interesting, so I had to wait for them to come before posting my postcards.

As well as writing on the postcards, I used as many stickers and rubber stamps as I could!

I'll be showing you all the postcard designs over the next week and a bit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...