20 June 2015

Feeding your creativity

I read something a while back that said that, in terms of creativity, you need to put something in to get something out, and ever since then I've lived by that adage, making sure that I do lots of interesting things, and I really do think it makes me more creative.
Here are some of the things that I've found work for me:
Art galleries
Museums
Art college degree shows
Festivals (of all sorts)
Courses and classes
Travel
Walks
Parks and gardens
Historical sites
Cities
Window shopping
Reading
Listening to new music
Relaxing while trying out a beauty treatment
Some of the things I do involve looking at other people's artwork, but not necessarily to be inspired by their ideas. I just find that looking at lots of visually interesting things makes my brain go into a super-creative mode.
Just in the last month or so, I've done so much, and I hope that it's going to give me a creativity boost! I've been to Spa in the City, and then I went again the next week, having various treatments including hair, makeup and massage. I've twice been to the Hidden Door festival where I saw all sorts of interesting artworks in a fascinating setting, and ate delicious food. I've been to my favourite annual book sale, had a brisk walk in a beautiful park, admired bluebells in many places, looked at a filming location for Outlander, been to a Japanese sashiko embroidery class, and wandered around Edinburgh taking in all the sights and sounds.
The only problem I find with doing all these things is finding the time to use up all that extra creativity! How do you stay creative? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...