04 March 2015

Work in progress: Bedroom

Last month I decided to paint my bedroom white. For a long time I've been admiring Scandinavian inspired bedrooms with lots of white, but I have beech coloured furniture so I wasn't sure if it would work. Then I realised that a lot of the bedrooms I most admired did have wooden furniture that wasn't white, but had white walls and bedding.
I started a bedroom ideas board on Pinterest, and began pinning the bedrooms I liked best. The things that they tended to have in common were white walls and bedding, light-coloured flooring, cushions with triangles on them, crocheted throws, furry rugs or throws, gallery walls, touches of dark-coloured wood, a few mid-century modern touches, and splashes of colour.
So I've set about painting my bedroom white (it had been cream above the dado rail and mint below). It's a slow process, doing it a little bit at a time at weekends and in the evenings, and trying to keep it as a usable bedroom at the same time. It's amazing that the room already seems much lighter and brigher. My craft room is full of all the things I've removed from the bedroom, so I've not been able to do as much crafting as I'd like!
I've made a start on a cushion of patchwork triangles, and on looking out pictures for a gallery wall. I've also picked up a few bits and pieces from my new favourite charity shop for the room, and bought a new clock. I can't wait to finish the room and show it all off!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...