01 October 2014

I love... Peru!

Two years ago this month I went on an amazing 17 day tour of Peru! It's somewhere I'd wanted to visit for most of my life, and I'm so glad that I finally went. I've not written a lot here on my blog about the trip, because it's so difficult to sum up such a wonderful trip with visits to so many varied, interesting and colourful places, and to narrow it down to a handful of photos that represent my whole experience of the country.

Some of the things that I found inspiring were the markets, with their colourful textiles and fruit and vegetables; the architecture, from the beautiful terracottas and cobalt blues of Santa Catalina Monastery, to the amazing and skilfully built Inca sites, to run-down peeling colourfully painted buildings; the friendly people, especially on the islands of Lake Titicaca; the delicious food and drink; and the wildlife.

I knew that I wanted to do some crafts based on Peru, and I did make Peru-themed Christmas cards in 2012, but now I'm devoting a whole month to Peru-inspired crafts!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...