12 October 2014

Book review: The Food & Cooking of Peru

One of the first things I did after coming back from Peru was to seek out a Peruvian cookbook, and this, The Food & Cooking of Peru by Flor Arcaya de Deliot, was the one I decided on. The food in Peru was one of the unexpected delights of my trip there - I hadn't realised before going what a good reputation Peruvian cooking had. These photos show a delicious meal that I had on Taquile Island:



(By the way, Inca Cola tastes exactly like Irn Bru!)

This cookbook has a great selection of recipes, and lots of background information about Peruvian cuisine. The author was born and brought up in Peru, so it's good to know that all the recipes will be authentic. And yet most of them are made with ingredients that are readily available here.

One of the things I look for in a cookbook is a photo of every recipe, and this book is a good example of that. In fact, there are step-by-step photos for many of the recipes too.

One aspect of Peruvian cuisine that I love is that it's very healthy. So I'm feeling really inspired to cook healthy Peruvian food after leafing through this cookbook again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...