17 August 2014

Dr Sketchy


I recently made my first ever visit to a Dr Sketchy's Anti Art School event. These take place quite often in Edinburgh, but I hadn't been before. For those of you who aren't familiar with Dr Sketchy, it's a cross between a burlesque show and a life drawing class. The performers strike a pose for two or five minutes, and the audience draw them! The three performers who posed were Kim Khaos, Mr Suzie, and Raven Noir.
I usually only draw people from photographs, so this was a real challenge for me, and the time seemed to run out very quickly! I wish I was one of those people who could capture the human form with just a few pencil strokes. But I had a lot of fun, and I'm sure I will go along again.

This final drawing was done quickly on the train home from one of the photographs I'd taken of Kim Khaos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...