16 May 2014

Coyosa Design


Internal shine for DJCAD Degree show 2014 - coyosa design from coyosadesign on Vimeo.

I'm particularly excited about going to the degree show at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design this year as my friend Sayoko will be exhibiting her jewellery there! I first met Sayoko in 2007 when we were at summer school at Edinburgh College of Art - she was studying Jewellery and I was studying Illustration.

For her degree show Sayoko has been making wooden rings and bangles recently, and has been inspired by the Japanese concept of wabi sabi. She made the amazing video above about her creative process. It's been fun watching her jewellery for her degree show take shape over the last few months, and I can't wait to see it for real! I'm also looking forward to seeing the work of the other jewellers and of all the other artists. The degree show opens this evening and continues until the 25th May, so if you're in the Dundee area make sure to go along!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...