13 May 2013

Baby Bear book

I wrote and illustrated this little book for my new nephew.

The initial drawings didn't take nearly as long as I'd expected - I had already scribbled down some ideas, so it just took one afternoon to draw all of them at the required size.

After that I created the illustrations from layers of card. These were the most 3-dimensional illustrations I've done, and they were perched on every surface in my craft room! I had to work out some new techniques to make the layers stand out from each other, and to take photos of the illustrations without shadows being cast in the wrong places.

For the first few weekends that I worked on them, I was finishing about two illustrations a day. Then the pace slowed down a bit, and the final illustration was put together at midnight the day after my nephew was born!
More photos on Flickr.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...