31 May 2009

Car boot sale booty

Today was the first time in many years that I'd been to a big car boot sale. The last time I went to this sale I got some good bargains, and I was worried that this time I wouldn't find as much. I needn't have worried!

My biggest bargain (both in size and good value) was a large wooden carving with a Chinese or Japanese theme, about 2 feet wide. I'm not sure what its original purpose was, and I'm not sure where I intend to put it, but at only £3 I could not refuse!

I also got a lovely ornate mirror for £3, two knob racks for 50p each (I will paint these), four Ikea frames for £2, a set of ten Chinese painted marble eggs for £2.50, a pink vase for £1, a small set of drawers (for jewellery?) for 50p, a blue bowl for 50p, a book on Asian art for £1, a small vase with a design of cherry blossoms in blue for 50p, a set of bowls and spoons with a cherry blossom design, some bedding with roses on one side and polka dots on the other for £2.50 (I will use this as material for sewing), and a small unit with a door and drawer for 50p.

All in all a great day out, with good bargains and scorching weather.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...