13 March 2009

Japanese craft magazines

I've wanted to buy some Japanese craft magazines for a long time, after seeing pictures of them online, and finally got round to doing so. I challenged myself to buy them from Amazon's Japanese site (although with the price of postage it's not something I'll be doing often). I found a tutorial that guided me through the process of creating an account on the site, and after that everything was quite easy (the checkout process is mainly in English).

The magazines are beautiful to look at and full of great ideas, and many of the instructions consist of diagrams. I'm not sure whether or not I will use the patterns or just use the magazines for inspiration. I'm having fun trying to read the katakana (the characters used to transcribe foreign, usually English, words).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...