15 June 2007

Lychees, celery and Norwegian brown cheese

When I saw these lychees in the supermarket I knew they would be really interesting to draw. There was only one slight problem - lychees are one of the few foods that I don't like, the others being celery and Norwegian brown cheese. I had only tasted lychees once, about 20 years ago, when I was in the Guides and we had an international evening with foods from around the world. After tasting those tinned lychees, I swore I would never eat them again. But these fresh lychees were so beautiful that I decided I would give them a second chance. It turns out that they are not at all unpleasant to eat! Maybe I will give celery another chance. And if I ever go back to Norway I might try the brown cheese again too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...