30 May 2018

This month I have been mostly...

Watching:
I binge-watched the whole of The City & The City in one evening after finishing the book, because I just did not want to leave that world! I didn't think it was quite as good as the book, and there was a whole storyline added, but I enjoyed it all the same.

And, of course, the final series of The Bridge started. This is my favourite Scandi crime series, and Saga is one of my favourite TV characters of all time.

Reading:
I've read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, How to Love Brutalism by John Grindrod, Perdido Street Station by China MiĆ©ville, as well as finally finishing off my Chalet School reread! I also enjoyed How to Love Brutalism by John Grindrod.

Doing:
May is always a busy month. I got all my blog posts for the month lined up in advance, so my weekends would be free for me to enjoy everything I had planned. Of course, the most important event was the annual Christian Aid Book sale at St Andrew's and St George's Church in Edinburgh, and this year I had planned some time off work so I could also have a look at the other two sales that are held elsewhere in Edinburgh. In fact I ended up taking a whole week off work, and I think I'll do this in future rather than having holidays at Easter.

Some of the other things I've done have been going to a vintage fair, conquering my fear of joining dual carriageways and driving on the motorway for the first time, walking at Lochore Meadows and Harran Hill with my dad, helping to create a mural in a shop window, enjoying the cherry blossoms at Lauriston Castle and The Meadows, going to an exhibition of educational illustrations, an architecture walk in my own town, a talk by Mark Billingham and Chris Brookmyre, the usual beachcombing, and much more! I'll be writing about many of these things on the blog over the next month.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...